Monday, June 22, 2009

Moving On

Enjoy taking the time to look at the position of the cars and the color of the lights. Sorry the picture is so small.

We discovered this mess at 10 in the evening while watching the movie "Up." I feel like I should write a movie review about the film and discuss the social ramifications of a maniacal adventurer whose lust for self-worth leads him to a home-blimp in South America that houses dinosaur bones and the skeletal remains of numerous other fierce creatures, all the while sheltering an army of fascist talking dogs... An odd film that's just so profound, yet enjoyable. Krackers, you will like it.
I'm not going to get into anymore of the details, but do want to say I came away feeling that it was totally unbelievable. Never mind.
Anyhow, the traffic jam occurred for no good reason. At one point, two buses and a cop car were involved. As it should be, the cop was disregarded and the jam further obstructed by the logic of the Chinese... which is simply very different. What i do love most of all of their logic, for there are many things to be in love with, is it's nothing personal. That word does not exist here, "personal." Even when they elbow you or push and shove you to get on a bus that is clearly not going to leave until everyone has boarded, it is in no way personal. Just the herd mentality at work and the way they do things.
What's this all about? Not our depressing fridge but Snickers candy bars. My wife is addicted to them here. She buys them by the bucket load. Those of you that know Kristin to blush at food she loves then know how much she loves these little candy bars. It's been like a spiritual rebirth for her. She's buys them buy them at the Chinese version of Costco or Sam's and goes through perhaps 4 or 5 small ones in a day, 2 or 3 full bars if we aren't stocked up on the small ones.
In her liberty I'm allowed to have some when I want. I wanted to post this because I love it. I love the Snickers addiction.
Also she is in love with the milk in the fridge.

1 comment:

  1. "I came away with the feeling that it was toally unbelivable" - I think the first clue should have been the ballons.

    ReplyDelete